Walton Log Cabin Teacher training centre Warrington | Cheshire
Garden Offices, Garden Studios, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Houses, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Bespoke Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a Training Cabin / Large Garden Studio with kitchen and two toilets. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specifion of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThe client (a community support project involved in horticulture) wanted a log cabin style building to expand their commercial facilities. The project was provision of a training room for local teachers and other group functions.
Full facilities including Office, Kitchen, and 2 toilets + a large main space for seminars and meetings. Total internal area 42 square metres. Our involvement in this project included helping in the fundraising activity.
2. The Design Criteria StatementDisabled access and full facilities were required throughout. The building needed a kitchenette, two toilets one of which needed full disabled facilities, an office and one large flexible space.
The floor would need to be easy clean and durable.
Attractive Log Cabin styling was chosen to suit the site with good wheelchair user access
Needs to be compliant with all regulations and adequate for purpose all seasons
The disabled toilet was built to all requirements and further enhanced in consultation
with a disabled member of staff.
Budget available was £35,000 (all vat was reclaimable by the client)
3. The Design Issues
- The building needed to have minimum maintenance requirement
- Attention needed to disabled facilities (this was achieved in consultation with a disabled member of the team on site)
- The building budget needed to cover significant landscaping of the site
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply + data connections required (the connection to supply required a long run large capacity armour)
- Plumbing and drainage should be conventional to full building regulation standard
- Environmentally friendly materials and processes to be used as required by the finance provider
- Landscaping should be included to make the building immediately useable
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £17250 (supplied by specialist manufacturer to
- Installation on finished base £4100
- Electrical £1750
- Groundwork £6600
- Plumbing and heating £3200
- Landscaping £2000
- Total Project £34900
To find out more about this project email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you