Small multi-purpose "Garden Studio" with mezzanine floor sleeping, bathroom and sauna.
Garden Offices, Garden Studios, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Houses, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Bespoke Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a Garden Studio with bathroom and Saunal + sleeping loft in a compact format. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specifion of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThe client wanted a building of specific size having acquired additional garden for the purpose.
The building would be for use all year round as a multi purpose studio.
A whole range of facilities would need to be packed in including full shower room, sauna, kitchenette
and mezzanine floor for storage etc. good daylight would be required from the roof and two sides only2.
The Design Criteria StatementThe client needed to use only the space available and meet all the requirements
An GSL timber frame solution was designed. Essentially a square double hipped roof structure with an extension at the rear to accommodate the bathroom and sauna (separate small room off the bathroom). Conventional drainage was possible on this site.
A budget of £17,000 maximum was to be made available.
3. The Design Issues
- A specific plot should be optimised to fit all the requirement
- Lots of light and a traditional double hipped roof look required
- The building should not exceed 2.5m in height within 2 metres of the boundary (The double hip designed helped to achieve this)
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply + data connections required
- Plumbing and drainage essential requirement
- Total internal space should be around 18 sqm
- Landscaping should be included to make the building immediately useable
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £7950 (GSL design timber frame building)
- Groundwork £1290
- Installation on finished base £2400
- Electrical £1200
- Groundwork £1200
- Landscaping £450
- Total Project cost £15940 (not including sauna fitted by specialist at cost £750)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to email@example.com Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you