Large Garden Office with high specification Seven Barrows | Wiltshire
Garden Studios, Garden Offices, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Lodges, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Insulated Garden Buildings
("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a large bespoke Garden Office with kitchen area. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specifion of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThe client needed a large office to accommodate an expansion of staff. The building should be of a traditional wooden hut style. It is required for comfortable working all year round. The traditional trussed gable roof gives the opportunity for mezzanine storage areas at each end of the building. There are two entrances one for staff and one for guests. The insulation standards are very high with 100mm of urethane insulation in the roof and 70mm in the composite timber frame walls.
The balustrade veranda gives the building a traditional look and provides an outdoor area as part of the project.
2. The Design Criteria StatementBuilt for daily use the building must be low maintenance and provide facilities for visitors and staff. A kitchen area to be provided.
A timber frame solution was designed with bespoke redwood windows and doors. The building was clad on the outside with redwood shiplap profile boards and on the inside with redwood tag profile boards to ensure the traditional wooden building look throughout.
A budget of £30,000 was to be made available.
3. The Design Issues
- A sloping site needed to be built up before laying concrete
- Lots of light required on the sides to be occupied with work desks
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply + data connections required
- Plumbing and drainage to be provided for kitchenette
- Total internal space should be around 46 sqm
- Landscaping should be included to make the building immediately useable
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £17900
- Installation on finished base £4300
- Electrical £1320
- Plumbing £1700
- Groundwork £2300
- Landscaping deck and balustrade £2200
- Total Project cost £29720 (figures exclude VAT at 20.00%)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you