Kew Garden Studio West London (with cedar shingle roof)
Garden Studios, Garden Offices, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Lodges, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Insulated Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a beautiful cedar shingle roofed Garden Studio with two entrances. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specifion of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThis client had a family related need to release house space. Their long garden had long been on the list for an upgrade. The idea was to develop the studio at the bottom of the garden with a large decked area to provide facilities for their youngsters to bring friends for sleepovers etc. At the same time the garden leading down to the studio was to have lighting on route adding to the usability of the studio all year round.
2. The Design Criteria StatementThe building must fit in with the local area. A double hipped Cedar Shingle roof building was chosen. The Cedar roof in the photo above was fitted on an insulated warm roof. The shingles are random in size and nailed individually to achieve this effect.
A budget of £16,000 maximum was to be made available.
3. The Design Issues
- Difficult but possible access to the plot required a lot of vehicle shuffling and hand carrying
- The deck would be large but easy to install
- Doors were to be provided on two sides opposite to give access through the building to the deck at the rear. This gives the building two aspects. (The half hip roof was designed specifically to achieve this)
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply + data connections required
- External lighting on the garden path to be provided as part of the project
- Plumbing and drainage possibility should be available as future upgrade
- Total internal space should be around 18 sqm
- Landscaping should be included to make the building immediately useable
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £6630
- Cedar shingle upgrade £2800
- Installation on
finished base £2300
- Electrical £1200
- Additional lighting 40m to house £450
- Groundwork and decking £2200
- Total Project cost £15580 (figures include VAT at 17.5%)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to email@example.com Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you