Grandpas Hut Leisure and party building Eden Valley Cumbria
Garden Offices, Garden Studios, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Houses, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Bespoke Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a bespoke log cabin on stilts. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specifion of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThe client wanted a log cabin style building 10m long and 4m wide to hold reception parties and gatherings of visitors. The structure would need to withstand flooding likely to occur occasionally from the adjacent river Eden. A toilet facility, a large log burning stove and a balustrade walkway surrounding the building on three sides to enjoy the river view.
2. The Design Criteria StatementThe new building should provide a comfortable environment for creative work. It should be accessible, insulated for all year round use and provide garden equipment storage space.
The building needed to work on the steep slope and provide easy and safe access from two directions. With grandchildren visiting the surround should be fully child safe.
A budget of £13,000 + landscaping extra was to be made available.
3. The Design Issues
- An unusual challenge the previous hut had been swept away by flooding. This was dealt with by inserting large concrete pillars with anti swirl foundations.
- An attractive traditional look was required with window bars
- The building should have a balustrade walkway to three sides
- One large internal space to be occasionally heated with a large wood burner which must comply with building regulations
- Match the surrounding and not look out of place in this beautiful setting
- Steps to enter two sides of the balustrade deck
- Total internal space should be around 40 sqm
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £14250 (supplied by specialist log cabin company to GSL design)
- Installation on finished base £1700
- Electrical £900
- Groundwork preparation £500
- Landscaping, decking and balustrading £1750
- Installation on finished base £3400
- Wood burner and installation £1290
- Total Project cost £23,440 (figures include VAT at 17.5%)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to email@example.com Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you