Large Garden Workshop Buckhurst Hill North London | Essex
Garden Offices, Garden Studios, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Houses, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Bespoke Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a large Garden Workshop with two rooms. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specifion of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThis client had an unused area of garden beyond his swimming pool. The pool area was to be re-paved and a new poolhouse built. It was an opportune time to develop the unused area and a large Garden Workshop with two rooms was chosen to make good use of this space.
2. The Design Criteria StatementThe new building should provide storage and workshop space at a budget price. The building should be expected to last 20 years plus without any significant maintenance. A room division should be provided to allow a smaller workspace to be heated in the winter.
The building needed to fit the existing site and comply with permitted development rules.
A budget of £13,0000 including base and electrics to be made available.
3. The Design Issues
- A concrete base would be best to keep the building below the 4m allowed height and avoid moving too much material.
- An attractive traditional work shed look was required which should have exceptionally good timber treatment (pressure treated timber was chosen)
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply at the adjacent swimming pool was required. The wires would need to run in conduit due to lack of cable routes in the chosen design.
- Total internal space should be around 30 sqm
- The building immediately useable after installation
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £6250 (modified kit system)
- Installation on finished base £850
- Electrical £660
- Groundwork / concrete on dpm on stone with cladding to
- Landscaping, decking and balustrading £1750
- Total Project cost £9,250 (figures include VAT at 17.5%)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you