Garden Office in Cumbria with a fantastic view.
Garden Studios, Garden Offices, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Lodges, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Insulated Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a bespoke flat roof Garden Office set in a fabulous landscapr. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specifion of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project. This project was built in 2010 - the client is a free lance planning consultant.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThis client had a family related need to release house space. Their idea was to create a Garden Office floating over a pond and overlooking the best views.
2. The Design Criteria StatementThe home Garden Office (in daily use and located in the garage adjacent to the kitchen) would provide the additional house space needed. This would have to be moved to the garden. It should be accessible, insulated for all year round use and provide garden equipment storage space.
The base would need to be cantilevered to give the floating effect.exceptionally strong to support the heavy gym kit.
An GSL timber frame solution was designed with vertical boards. The flat roof (edpm covered) roof should take advantage of the site space available.
A budget of £17,000 maximum was to be made available.
3. The Design Issues
- An unusual shaped plot should be optimised to conserve garden space
- Lots of light and a contemporary look required
- The building should hide behind a 2.5m hedge (The flat roof was designed specifically to achieve this)
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply + data connections required
- Plumbing and drainage possibility should be available as future upgrade
- Total internal space should be around 18 sqm
- Landscaping should be included to make the building immediately useable
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £9230
- Installation on finished base £2300
- Electrical £1300
- Groundwork £1200
- Landscaping £450
- Total Project cost (figures include VAT at 17.5%) £15,000
To find out more about this project email enquiries to email@example.com Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you