Family Garden Studio with attached storage area and covered deck area
Garden Studios, Garden Offices, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Lodges, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Insulated Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a flat roof Bespoke Garden Studio and Store. All our case studies include: 1 The client request 2 The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3 The agreed specificaton of materials and project budget 4 The actual costs of the project. This Studio was built in Manchester 2010
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format
1 The Client requestThis client had a family related need to release house space and required a good looking building to complete the look of the part landscaped garden.
An GSL timber frame solution was designed with trifold doors. The flat roof (epdm covered) extension should take advantage of the site space available (an unusual shape) to replace the storage shed and provide potential for toilet / shower room in the future.
A budget of £14,000 maximum was to be made available.
The Design Issues
- The garden should be optimised to conserve garden space
- Contemporary look required with flat roof to comply with planning
- The building should not exceed 2.5m in height within 2 metres of the boundary
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply + data connections required
- Plumbing and drainage possibility should be available as future upgrade
- Total internal space should be around 25 sqm
- Landscaping should be included to make the building immediately useable
The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £9630
- Installation on finished
- Electrical £1120
- Groundwork £1200
- Landscaping £450
- Total Project cost £14280 (figures include VAT at 15%)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you