Writers Studio Alexandra Palace London
Garden Offices, Garden Studios, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Houses, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Bespoke Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a Garden Studio built for writing. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specifion of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThis client had recently moved house to a smaller property nearby to her son. A writer who needed somewhere separate from the house to concentrate on her work. The new home offered little space but the garden was a paradise inside the urban metropolis. Although sloping steeply it offered the possibility for this retreat and creative space.
2. The Design Criteria StatementThe new building should provide a comfortable environment for creative work. It should be accessible, insulated for all year round use and provide garden equipment storage space.
The building needed to work on the steep slope and provide easy and safe access from two directions. With grandchildren visiting the surround should be fully child safe.
A budget of £13,000 + landscaping extra was to be made available.
3. The Design Issues
- An unusually steep sloping plot should be used to conserve other garden space
- An attractive traditional look was required
- The building should match the surrounding architecture (The double hip roof was chosen specifically to achieve this)
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply + data connections required
- Noise reduction in the form of double glazing and wall insulation was required to cope with the proximity of the busy adjacent railway
- Total internal space should be around 20 sqm
- Landscaping should be included to make the building immediately useable
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £9450
- Installation on finished base £1700
- Electrical £900
- Groundwork preparation £500
- Landscaping, decking and balustrading £1750
- Total Project cost £14,350 (figures include VAT at 17.5%)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to email@example.com Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you