Wirral Garden Gymnasium and Store
Garden Offices, Garden Studios, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Houses, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Bespoke Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a Garden Gymnasium, Studio and Store. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specifion of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThis client had a family related need to release house space. Their idea was to expand their kitchen facilities to achieve their goal. Would it be possible to move the heavily used gymnasium equipment to the garden to create the space needed.
2. The Design Criteria StatementThe home gymnasium (in daily use and located in the garage adjacent to the kitchen) would provide the additional house space needed. This would have to be moved to the garden. It should be accessible, insulated for all year round use and provide garden equipment storage space.
The floor would need to be exceptionally strong to support the heavy gym kit.
A storage shed needed to be replaced at the same time with an extension structure of the same quality as the new gym.
An GSL timber frame solution was designed with two sets of tri-fold doors. The flat roof (edpm covered) extension should take advantage of the site space available (an unusual shape) to replace the storage shed and provide potential for toilet / shower room in the future.
A budget of £17,000 maximimum was to be made available.
3. The Design Issues
- An unusual shaped plot should be optimised to conserve garden space
- Lots of light and a contemporary look required
- The building should not exceed 2.5m in height within 2 metres of the boundary (The half hip roof was designed specifically to achieve this)
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply + data connections required
- Plumbing and drainage possibility should be available as future upgrade
- Total internal space should be around 30 sqm
- Landscaping should be included to make the building immediately useable
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £11630
- Installation on finished base £2300
- Electrical £1200
- Groundwork £1200
- Landscaping £450
- Total Project cost £16780 (figures include VAT at 17.5%)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to email@example.com Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you