Garden-Party Building with covered area Preston | Lancashire
Garden Studios, Garden Offices, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Animal Lodges, Garden Party Buildings, Garden Lodges, Insulated Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a Garden Studio built for family parties. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specification of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestOur client had a large beautiful garden and often entertained friends and family. During the landscaping projects an area overlooking a formal area had been set aside for a building specially for parties. The area was pre-concreted and tapering. A covered entrance was requested to provide some outdoor seating in rainy weather. The specification was (comfortable but not necessarily for all year round use or occupation)Should be designed to fit in with the landscape and take up the whole area designated. About 30 sqm + the covered area making the building some 11m long.
2. The Design Criteria StatementThe area was a tapering shape and the concrete was above the lawn level requiring a decking area to fit the building into the landscape. The roof needed to be in two heights to provide full use of the wider area and cover the space. This required a complex roof design.
The building is to provide one large space to accommodate various functions.
The floor would need to be strong to support dancing and general party activities.
An GSL timber frame solution was designed with double hipped bespoke roof construction. The walls were specified in 44mm tgv redwood timber boards and 40mm of insulation was built into the warm roof structure tiled with brown shingle.
A budget of £17,000 maximum was to be made available.
3. The Design Issues
- An unusual shaped roof should look good from all aspects
- Lots of light and a traditional semi-barn look required
- The building should not exceed 4m in height
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply + data connections required
- Plumbing and drainage was to be completed by the clients own contractor
- Total internal space should be around 30 sqm
- Decking should be included to make the building immediately useable
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £13,000
- Installation on finished
- Electrical £900
- Groundwork £200
- Landscaping and decking £350
- Total Project cost £16,950 (figures include VAT at 17.5%)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to email@example.com Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you