Outdoor Kitchen Tips
What is an Outdoor Kitchen?
Wikipedia describes "outdoor kitchen" " an outdoor area set up for regular food preparation, for instance when camping"
would say an outdoor
kitchen must include at
least one good-quality
cooking appliance a work
surface and in our
country a roof.
Grills are the most
popular cooking options.
Although a good-sized
grilling surface with
heat control (essential)
can be used to prepare
dishes an oven brings
The rising popularity of outdoor kitchens fuelled by Jamie Oliver's Jamie at home TV series has helped create a growing competitive market. Today there were 182,000 search results returned for outdoor kitchens on Google uk. The outdoor kitchen business now has specialist suppliers. DIY stores and Garden Centres are stocking more and more products. You can now purchase prefabricated outdoor kitchen islands and roof covers which can be installed in as little as one day.
kitchens a new trend
- A great entertaining feature both for social gatherings and important family moments.
outdoors in the
summer is expected extending the
season is now
possible on a
- The location should preferably be near the house
- An existing backyard / patio can become a great home for your outdoor kitchen and avoid the need of making landscape modifications
- You could build a deck for a more elaborate setup with covered eating area
- The smoke from the grill should not blow into your house or into the faces of family and friends sitting around to eat their meals. Check which direction the wind blows in your area
- Your patio can be the foundations for your outdoor kitchen
- The grill should also be near the edge of a shade structure so that smoke can easily escape and not be trapped by edge of the structure.
- If your outdoor kitchen does not have a roof, have a backup plan of storing your grill and other equipment in case of rain.
space to store fuel
- Make sure you have some working surfaces available
- Dark coloured work surfaces need to be shaded
Outdoor Kitchens All Structures email for pdf version. (updated regularly)
Address: Garden Structures Garden Building Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB or telephone anytime on 07376 746265