Chester Veranda for detached home
Garden Studios, Garden Offices, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Lodges, Log Cabins, Verandas, Insulated Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a veranda built on a detached home. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specifion of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThis client had a family related need to have more covered space outside and having looked at their house from the outside called us in to have a look. The way everything worked, access to garden and window configuration was perfect for this large veranda.
2. The Design Criteria StatementThe veranda should match the house colours (red roof and white paint). The whole area should be decking with an entrance to the garden through balustrading.
£3500 was toi be allocated to the project
3. The Design Issues
- The joint between the veranda and the house should be watertight and secure (to be solved using flashing inserted in brick joint)
- Traditional balustrading to add visual and increase safety from slight step down to lawn
- The Inside should be at full room height which determined the pitch
- Part sidewalls
- Electrical installation to provide for lighting and heaters
- Landscaping should be included to make the building immediately useable
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £1750
- Installation on finished
- Electrical £220
- Groundwork £300
- Landscaping £220
- Total Project cost £3490 (figures include VAT at 17.5%)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you