Poolhouse / Garden-Party Building Wilmslow Cheshire
Garden Studios, Garden Offices, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Lodges, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Insulated Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about a swimming pool house with toilet, shower and kitchen area + store. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specification of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThe client wanted to release space from their main property to create a home office
(Their sons recreation area would be lost). He had the idea of building a new space down by the pool with possibilities for recreation, study, entertaining friends etc. etc. A significant additional family facility with multiple uses and multiple facilities.
We have a video of this project you can see http://uk.youtube.com/user/ricardospizzeria
2. The Design Criteria StatementNeeded to be in keeping with the magnificent landscaped garden. Shower and toilet facilities would be required. The building should provide storage for outside furniture etc.
Access to and from the pool close to shower area plus a deck for outdoor parties. Total internal space should be around 30 sqm.
The floor would need to be exceptionally strong to support any heavy gym kit.
A storage shed needed to be replaced at the same time with an extension structure of the same quality as the new building.
A budget of £28,000 maximum was to be made available.
3. The Design Issues
- An unusual shaped plot should be optimised to conserve garden space
- Lots of light and a contemporary look required
- The building should not exceed 2.5m in height within 2 metres of the boundary (The half hip roof was designed specifically to achieve this)
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply + data connections required
- Plumbing and drainage possibility should be available as future upgrade
- Total internal space should be around 30 sqm
- Landscaping should be included to make the building immediately useable
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £13270
- Installation on finished
- Electrical £1200br
- Groundwork including decking £2800
- Plumbing £2390
- Landscaping £450
- Total Project cost £23710 (figures include VAT at 17.5%)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you