Small Garden Office / Studio and Gymnasium North Wales
Garden Studios, Garden Offices, Gazebos, Garden Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, Animal Lodges, Log Cabins, Garden Lodges, Insulated Garden Buildings
Snapshots ("Real Project" Case-Studies)Here you can find information about small garden offices. All our case studies include: 1. The client request 2.The main design criteria following consultation and site-visit 3.The agreed specifion of materials and project budget 4. The actual costs of the project. This project was built in North wales in 2010 and designed to suit a corner position.
More SnapshotsIn the right hand column is a list with thumbnail photos of other "real projects" snapshots in the same format.
1. The Client requestThis The client wanted a building to provide extra space for their gym equipment. The project must suit the garden setting and existing landscape.. 3.6m square with corner entrance door and attractive pyramid roof. The complete project ready to move in! .
2. The Design Criteria StatementThe home gymnasium currently taking up Garage space was needing re-housing. Also a corner area of the garden was available for a building in keeping with the landscape. A sloping site but manageable for a Garden Studio of this size 3.5m square would be appropriate. The studio should be accessible, insulated for all year round use.
The floor would need to be exceptionally strong to support the heavy gym kit.
A budget of £9,000 maximum was to be made available for the total project.
3. The Design Issues
- An unusual shaped sloping plot should be optimised to conserve garden space
- A traditional summerhouse look required
- The building should have very attractive doors and windows.
- Full electrical installations including connection to supply + data connections required
- Plumbing and drainage possibility should be available as future upgrade
- Total internal space should be around 12 sqm
- Landscaping should be included to make the building immediately useable
4. The Budget /Pricing / Costs
- Building kit £4950 (timber frame structure with solid wooden
Installation on finished base £1900
- Electrical £850
- Groundwork £960
- Landscaping £450
- Total Project cost £8660 (figures include VAT at 17.5%)
To find out more about this project email enquiries to email@example.com Address: Garden Structures, Garden Office and Garden Studio Specialists Bracken House, Woodlands Road, Chester, Cheshire CH4 8LB (near Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales) or telephone anytime on 07376 746265 we have local knowledge see > have we built near you